Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Barefoot Red Moscato


Barefoot Red Moscato
Harris Teeter
$6.99
Sometimes wine labels just catch your eye and you can’t ignore them.  The bright shiny sticker stating “NEW” caught my eye.  Now I’ve never been much of a moscato drinker; but they’re great when I need to satisfy my sweet tooth.

(Yeah yeah, we drank most of it before taking a picture)
You know how the red Starburst and the red Skittles were always the best?  This wine banks on that ingrained instinctual knowledge, attracting you with it’s “I’M RED AND THEREFORE DELICIOUS” color.  

It’s a transparent cranberry color with an obvious fruity scent.  It’s almost syrupy sweet on the tongue, but there’s just enough acidity that keeps it crisp and enjoyable.  Very similar to their regular moscato but you have a distinct flavor of strawberries and cherries.  There’s a slight almost metallic flavor I often detect in Barefoot wines, but it goes down pretty easy and the finish lingers.  

This is a great wine for beginners as it's not complicated.  It's sweet and simple and sometimes that's all you need with a wine.  You don’t need to pair this with food; it would do fine on it’s own as an after dinner drink.  I also think it’d go well with some angel food cake with strawberries and ice cream.  As a sucker for sweet things, I have to admit I liked it. 
7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment